Department of Cybernetics
The Department of Cybernetics is aimed at high-quality research in
artificial intelligence, machine perception, robotics, and biomedical
engineering with the focus to multi-agent systems, machine learning, data
mining, pattern recognition, knowledge-based systems, medical data
processing and collaborative robotics. The research is carried out in two
co-operating centres - The Gerstner
Laboratory for Intelligent Decision
Making and Control and The Centre of Machine Perception. The Department
offers a wide range of undergraduate and postrgraduate courses and is
responsible for the Ph.D. branch of study "AI and Biocybernetics" with more
than 50 Ph.D. students enrolled.
Selected research demos
- In April 2015, the Center for Robotics and Autonomous Systems (CRAS) was established by departments of Computer Science and Cybernetics. The unit fosters inter-departmental collaboration on research and education in the area of computational, collective, autonomous robotics and related fields. Good luck, CRAS!
- Department of Cybernetics has 2 vacancies for the position of assistant professor in the field of robotics. The deadline for proposals is June 25, 2015.
- Let us invite you to the defence of Vladana Radisavljevic Djordjevic's PhD thesis entitled Automated Nonlinear Analysis of Newborn Electroencephalographic Signals (supervisor: Doc. Lenka Lhotská), June 18, 2015, 9:00 a.m., KN:G-205.
- June 1, 2015: Michal Jančošek successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis entitled Large Scale Surface Reconstruction based on Point Visibility (supervisor: doc. Tomáš Pajdla). Congratulations!
- May 20, 2015: The IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI) 2016 is going to take place in Prague in April 2016. Consider submitting your work, see the ISBI CFP.
- May 19, 2015: Jaroslav Vítků successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis entitled Towards Automated Design of Complex Modular Systems Inspired by Nature (supervisor: doc. Pavel Nahodil). Congratulations!